They say that if you don’t like the weather in Colorado, wait fifteen minutes. We had a beautiful sunny day yesterday and then woke up to gray clouds and rain today. Chili was a meal we had often as kids on cold, winter days. It’s probably why I crave it now as an adult whenever it gets cold outside. Chili is a great budget-friendly meal for the family because you can use any low-cost ingredients and it will taste great too.
- 4 Chicken Thighs- boneless, skinless
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 29 oz can tomato sauce
- 15.5 oz can kidney beans
- 16 oz Mixed frozen veggies
- 1 Tbsp. Chili powder
- 1 tsp. Chili flakes
- Heat a medium sauté pan. Spray the pan with oil. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Cook chicken for 5-7 minutes on each side.
- Set Crock-Pot to low heat add chicken, beans, veggies and the rest of the seasoning. Allow chili to cook about 4 hours or longer if you can.
- Serve chili with cornbread or top with tortilla chips for a little crunch.
I always try to make double chili when I can. I’ll freeze the extra and when I’m rushed for a meal, I’ll defrost it for dinner. I’ll put the chili on baked potatoes, hot dogs or serve it on top of rice.
Be sure to comment below and let me know your favorite chili recipe or what you like to make when it is cold out.
Peace and Blessings 😊