My mom coordinated for all of her kids to get together monthly as a family. The goal is to have regular monthly family events where we eat and do an activity. Even though we don’t live far away from each other, we all have very different schedules which makes it hard to see each other. Time can get away from us so it’s important to make time for those that love you most. This past month was my month to host and it ended up being a girls’ day. I love brunch so I decided to make a casserole and for my activity I chose painting! It’s one of my favorite hobbies. I’m not the best artist but it’s always fun to be creative in another outlet. I put my chicken in the crock-pot to cook so it gave me time to clean and set up the paints.
- 4 chicken breast
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups chicken broth (low sodium)
- 16 oz cauliflower, riced
- ½ cup onion diced
- 1 cup peppers, diced
- 6 eggs
- 1 and ½ cups almond milk
- Set crock-pot on low and add the chicken broth, chicken and seasonings. Cook for 4-6 hours until chicken is tender. (You can put this on warm until you’re ready to assemble casserole).
- Pre-heat oven to 375*F and line a baking dish with foil or grease pan, set aside. Heat a large sauté pan and grease pan. Add diced onion and allow to cook for a few minutes. Then add peppers and cauliflower and let cook 5-6 minutes or until soft.
- Spread veggies on the bottom of the baking dish. Shred chicken and then add on top of the veggies.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, almond milk and a little salt and pepper. When it’s well mixed pour mixture over chicken and veggies.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until eggs are nice and firm on top. Enjoy!
I served the casserole with toppings choice of: tortillas, lettuce, cheese, salsa, sour cream, ranch, and queso. I made iced coffee and cucumber mint water (see post). We watched one of our favorite shows, “Living Single”, painted and laughed.
Be sure to comment below and let me know what you like to do on your girl’s day.
Peace and Blessings 😊