When I first met my husband, Evan, he wasn’t as into food like he is now. He was very spoiled and only liked certain bland foods. So boring! He hated anything with onions, tomatoes, vegetables, or fruit. I remember one summer he tried a peach for the first time at 24 years old! True story! He was someone who was able to try any food in the world and chose not to. We grew up very opposite of each other. If my mom made something, we ate it, plain and simple. We learned to appreciate food that way. Luckily, my husband has fallen in love with food by being with me and around my family these past several years. His favorite vegetables (after trying them all) are now zucchini and yellow squash. He also loves this healthy version of Chicken Parmesan.
- 2 lb pack of chicken tenders
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbs. water
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- ½ Tbs. Cayenne pepper
- ½ Tbs. Basil
- 16 oz. spaghetti sauce (your choice)
- Pre-heat oven to 400*F. Place a wire rack over a foil lined cookie sheet and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together eggs, water, and a little salt and pepper. In another small bowl mix together almond meal, parmesan cheese, and basil.
- Season the chicken with the cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Then, dip the tenders in the egg mixture, then the almond meal, and place on the wire rack.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is 165*F.
- Serve with spaghetti sauce and your choice of veggies.
I served the Chicken Parmesan with Evan’s favorite veggies. I like to use tofu, eggplant, and portobello mushrooms in place of the chicken sometimes. It makes for a nice meatless Monday.
Be sure to comment and tell me some healthy versions of foods you now enjoy with your family.
Peace and Blessings 😊