Not all angels have wings. At one point in our lives, while living in California, my husband and I, plus our dogs, had no permanent place to live. We experienced some cruelty from extended family members and were left living in a hotel with no one to turn to for help. My own family couldn’t help us as they were miles away. I went to work one morning as my husband frantically tried to find us an apartment. While at work, a friend pulled me to the side asking if I was ok. I explained to her our current situation. She hugged me and prayed with me. After the prayer, I had hope that something was going to work out to our favor. Once I got off work, she called me stating she was renting a room in her house and wanted all of us to come live there. I told her that wasn’t the reason I had shared our current situation and that we would find something. I didn’t want to bother her and her family. She said it wasn’t a bother as she had been praying for people to move in that she trusted. This angel and her children quickly became our new family. One day, as we were sitting outside and counting our blessings, this recipe came to mind.
- 1.5 lbs. Salmon
- 3 cups packed spinach
- 3 gloves garlic
- ½-1 cup olive oil
- 4 zucchinis thinly sliced (I used a peeler)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375*F. Line a baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a blender, combine the spinach, garlic, and a little salt and pepper. Then, start adding in the olive oil using a ½ cup and increasing the oil little by little as needed to make the mixture run smoothly.
- Place salmon in lined baking dish and season with salt and pepper. Then, cover the salmon with zucchini. Place the spinach mixture on top of both the salmon and the zucchini.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until salmon is 145*F.
I love one pan meals. Besides cleaning the blender, I didn’t have to fuss over the dinner on the stove or grill. Once we were done eating, I threw the parchment paper away and tossed the baking dish in the dishwasher. Bellies are full, dishes are done, and no other clean-up.
Be sure to comment below and let me know what your favorite one-pan meals are or if you want to share a time an angel saved you at low point in your life.
Peace and Blessings 😊