I love a good sauce. Thinking back, it had to be one of my favorite classes in culinary school. If I could, I would love to just make sauces all day. Then at the end of the night dip my favorite proteins and veggies in them. This one is very easy, budget-friendly and consists of items you probably have in your pantry.
- 2 Tbs. Worcestershire
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ Tbs. honey
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. water
- 1 lb chuck steak
- 2 Tbs. pepper
- Salt to taste
- Bring Worcestershire, soy sauce, and honey to boil. Reduce to simmer.
- Mix cornstarch and water together. Add a little of the soy sauce mixture to bring cornstarch slurry to temperature.
- Add slurry back to pan and stir. It will begin to thicken. After a few minutes take off heat and set aside.
- Season steak with pepper and salt. Heat a medium sized sauce pan and spray with oil.
- Sear the steak and cook for 3-4 minutes or until edges brown. Flip and brown another 3-4 minutes or until brown. Take off heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice steak and serve with sauce. Enjoy!
I served this with chopped broccoli and carrots. But the steak and sauce go great on a salad as well.
Peace and Blessings 😊