This was a quick, easy, healthy, and clean meal to throw together. The only thing I cooked for this recipe was the cauliflower. There are many pre-made cauliflower rice brands that you can buy as well if you want. You can just pop them in the microwave and you’re ready to go. I bought a whole head of cauliflower because it was cheaper. On my meal prep days, I like to make a big batch and have it ready in the fridge for meals that week. I had some cooked shrimp already prepped but you can easily use salmon, tuna, or make it vegetarian.
- ½ head cauliflower
- 1 Tbs. rice wine vinegar
- 1 lb shrimp cooked
- 1 cucumber
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- Sauces of your choice – I used a chili sauce and a chipotle mayo for mine
- Pull apart the cauliflower. You can either use your hands or cut the cauliflower in small pieces. Place the cauliflower in a pan and cover with water. Put lid on the pan and have the cauliflower come to boil. Let boil for a few minutes or until you can easily put a fork through the cauliflower.
- Drain in colander and put in a blender or Vitamix. Pulse for a few seconds until the cauliflower is the consistency of rice. I like mine course.
- Place blended cauliflower in a strainer or cheesecloth. Drain as much water as you can from the cauliflower (this will help when you form your sushi). Add rice wine vinegar.
- Take 1 tablespoon and form into oval shape and top with the shrimp, veggies, and sauce.
It doesn’t have to be this fancy to serve. You can make it into sushi bowls instead if you’d like. Put some cauliflower rice on the bottom, top with your favorite protein, add veggies and sauce on last and you have an easy lunch/dinner ready to go.
Peace and Blessings😊