It’s Wing Wednesday! I wanted to share one of my favorite sauces to use, sweet chili. I love it so much I even use it on cauliflower and tofu. You can use store-bought sweet chili sauce in the place of making your own but, this sauce contains ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. I chose to grill these wings but, you can also bake them if you wish.
- 1 and ½ cups water
- 2/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup organic honey (maple syrup works too)
- ½ Tbs. jalapeño, minced
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. ginger, minced
- 2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- Bring water and vinegar to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add honey, jalapeño, garlic, ginger and red pepper. Turn down heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine cornstarch and a couple tsp of water. Mix together until it becomes a paste. Add a little bit of the vinegar mixture to the cornstarch and bring to temperature. Add this to the saucepan and stir together. Let it sit and it will thicken.
- Baste wings with the sauce. I had my wings on the grill at 300*F, basted them every 20 minutes, and cooked them for an hour and a half.
I served the wings with a spinach sauce, cucumbers, and cream cheese for a nice light lunch. These wings are great to bring to any party or potluck!
Peace and Blessings😊