When I worked my office jobs, I rarely ate breakfast. As soon as my alarm went off, my stomach would instantly drop from stress. I barely had time to get things together in the a.m. let alone eat breakfast. I felt tired and could never get enough sleep. Now that I’m on my own schedule, things are different. I wake up early without an alarm, exercise, and enjoy a nice and filling breakfast before starting my day.
- Spaghetti squash, roasted (1/2) cup
- Tofu-extra firm (1 oz)
- Spinach, steamed (1/4) cup
- Caramelized onions (1 TSP)
- Salt & Pepper (To taste)
- Prepare a medium sauté pan set at a medium/low heat. Spray the pan with cooking spray (I had coconut oil) then spread out squash around pan. You’ll want it in a single layer so each strand can get brown.
- Let it sit for two minutes or until you can see the edges turning brown. Toss the squash around and add your tofu (be sure to crumble it before adding to the pan). Heat the squash and tofu together for a couple minutes.
- Last, add your steamed spinach and onions. Cover the pan and turn off heat. The spinach and onions will heat from the steam as it sits.
While the scramble sits, I would recommend cutting up some fruit to go on the side. I had some tomatoes from the farmer’s market. It added something fresh to the dish.
This recipe has become a favorite breakfast and even lunch. I love that it is versatile as I can throw in any leftover veggies or other ingredients from my fridge. I also love how the squash is comforting like potatoes but not as heavy.
Be sure to comment below and let me know if this is something you would try, have tried, or have perfected as a recipe of your own.
Peace and Blessings 😊